Friday, October 29, 2010

Improving each day

Today mom is looking pretty good. She was awake a lot more and her vitals are stable. She still isn't eating except last night at 3 am...she said she was hungry. She wanted yogurt, but had to settle for applesauce. I actually got some sleep except for the hour or so I was up with her when I fed her the applesauce. I wish I could read her mind. She just sat and stared at the ceiling. I asked her what she was thinking and she just said she didn't know. I know she is tired and I am tired for her. I hate to see her hurt. She had some pretty bad stabbing pains in her left hip today and it was pretty scary. Aunt Patti said that was nothing like the pain she was having a week or so ago when they made the decision that she needed to go to the ER. That choice was made because she wasn't even allowing the caregivers to change her. She ended up having to go to a nursing facility, yet we were fortunate enough to have her out in Gig Harbor. My Aunt says she is so thankful for that, because with her being as sick as she was on Tues...if she was in Yelm, she probably would have not made it. Anyway they gave her some morphin and she stayed awake for a little bit, then fell asleep. Aunt Patti , Uncle Kim and I went and got something to eat. When we cam back she was still sleeping. They put on the compression things on her legs to help keep the circulation so she doesn't get blood clots. She woke up and said she wanted a milkshake. Amber brought her one. She got some morphin a little after that because she said her head was hurting pretty bad. So, she fell asleep again. Her blood pressure dropped again to 89/62...but right now it is normal for her, 115/ 70. She seems to be improving each day. Which is good, yet I am still concerned. I have many mixed emotions and just want her to be happy again. I guess we just have to take it one day at a time....who knows what tomorrow will bring. Now...for me to catch some sleep.

No comments: