Saturday, October 30, 2010

Amazing progress.

I just am amazed at the strength my mom has. I just don't know how she manages to have the strength to keep on pushing through. Today they stopped all her fluids and now she is only getting her IV antibiotics. She ate two times today and sat up and was awake quite a bit. She did have a big headache and needed morphine and her tramadol today. They also did her GI scope. They didn't find anything that was causing her to vomit the blood. So, that is good. The doctor said that it might have been from her being sick and irritating the stomach and the lining of the esophagus which might have been causing the blood. She is not bleeding anymore and he is not concerned about it. Her blood pressure is good along with her oxygen sats. I am concerned about the alarm going off for PVC's. which hasn't happened at all since I have been here. They gave her a lasix today which helps reduce the water build up due to all the fluids. Her kidney's handled it well and put out a lot of urine. Right now we are watching "Challenge" and have enjoyed a nice evening. Robert will be here tomorrow evening. And, I don't know maybe she will even be moved out of ICU. She is stable and holding her own. Each day brings new things...but it seems like we can notch this up to another win on her part.

I told her that she needs to stop doing this cause I am tired!! She told me that the next time would be the last. I felt really bad after saying that, cause I don't want her to leave me...I just don't want her to go through this anymore. But as long as she is strong enough to, then that is all that matters! She is such an inspiration!

Anyway, tomorrow is another day!

No comments: